SmArt City Education Facility
JPG LLC and MyEduZone have been working together since August 2013 to deliver the dream of building a state to the art education and learning facility in Muscat.
JPG LLC has assembled a delivery team of industry experts to supplement the engineering services traditional provided. The assembled team now comprises: Bond Bryan Architects Ltd -International specialist Architects for Education, who will develop the project to schematic design stage and retain an Executive Architect role throughout the construction phase, Turner & Townsend LLC – Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers, JPG – Engineering Consultants, providing civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy services
The Story So Far
- The need for the new school facility arises from a number of key issues:
- The need to meet the rising demand for students wishing to attend the existing MyEduZone schools which is a result of both an increasing population and also an increasing number of parents wishing their children to benefit from the combination of educational standards and practice of traditional faith values which is central to the vision of the existing schools.
- The need to deliver the vision in the best facilities possible, such that student numbers continue to grow and that students are not drawn to other schools which provide facilities without the same level of education and faith vision.
- The need to ensure that teaching staff retention is improved and that teachers are not drawn to schools which offer improved facilities
- In short, to be at the forefront of education and learning and to be a beacon for others to follow
The primary objective over the past few months has been to deliver and initial concept, a project budget, a delivery programme and a project execution plan.